|(3) An unannounced Annual/Random visit was conducted today by Licensing Program Analyst, Patricia Mendoza and Norma Lomeli. Present during the visit was licensee, her husband and nine day-care children. Licensee, her husband, her adult son and adult daughter reside in the home. Background clearances were discussed and licensee signed LIS531 indicating all adults residing and/or providing care and supervision have a criminal record clearance. |
A tour of the home was conducted and the following was observed and/or discussed:
- The licensee, adult daughter Kamea and her assistant Mercedes have current pediatric CPR and First Aid that expires on 3/7/2017. Preventative Health Practice was confirmed at pre-licensing visit.
- The home is clean and orderly, with heating and ventilation for safety and comfort.
- Safe, healthful, and comfortable accommodations, furnishings, and equipment were observed. Also observed toys, play equipment, and materials.
- A current roster of children in care is maintained. Verified that immunizations records are maintained and license updates records for children in care. Licensee provides a copy of Parent’s Rights to all parents and/or child’s representative.
- The licensee ensures that children in care are supervised at all times.
- Fire and disaster drills are conducted at least once every six months.
- Licensee states there are no firearms or ammunition are in the home.
- Detergents, cleaning compounds, medications and other items which could pose a danger to children are stored where they are inaccessible to children.
- There is a fireplace in the home that is not used during day-care hours.
- Facility has required fire extinguishers and smoke detectors that meet State Fire Marshall standards. Facility has one or more functioning carbon monoxide detectors that meet the statutory requirements.
- No bodies of water observed in or on the premises. There are no pets in the home or the premises.
- Incidental Medical Services Plan was discussed with licensee and IMS information sheet was provided.