|The following was reviewed with the licensee(s):|
· Mandatory Forms for the children’s files and provider’s files
- AB 633 – Parent Notification Requirements effective January 1, 2007 – were explained during this visit. Parent Notification Requirements form LIC 9224 (12/06) & AB 633 Fact Sheet left at facility.
· The licensee was advised how to access forms and Regulations for Family Child Care online at www.dss.cahwnet.gov
· The licensee was advised that without a qualified assistant present, the capacity and ratios revert back to those of a small Family Child Care Home.
· The licensee was advised that inaccessibility of hazards must be constantly reassessed depending on the children in care
· Licensing must have the facility’s phone number at all times; if the phone number is changed, licensing must be notified
· There is a $100.00 Civil Penalty initially for any adult not fingerprint cleared working or living at the facility, however, as of January 1, 2005, Civil penalty for any adult not fingerprint cleared working or living at the facility or persons previously cleared through the Department of Social Services not associated to facility, can be cited civil penalty up to $500.00 for the 1st offense and up to $3000.00 for the 2nd offense within a 12 month period, per person.
· The licensee was advised that the PUB72 “What are Parents’ Responsibilities?” handout must be provided to each parent with the Notification of Parent’s Rights.
· Upon a finding of noncompliance with a plan of correction for violation of Sections 102419(a)(8), (b), (c), (d), (d)(1), or (d)(2), the Department shall impose a civil penalty of fifty dollars ($50) per day until the deficiency is corrected. Regardless of whether the licensee complies with an initial plan of correction in the time allotted, if the licensee subsequently violates any provision of these sections within 12 months of the initial citation, the Department shall assess a civil penalty of $150 plus an assessment of $50 per day until the deficiency is corrected. Regardless of whether the licensee complies with the subsequent deficiency plan of correction, if the licensee again violates any provision of these sections within 12 months of the subsequent citation and civil penalty assessment, the Department shall assess a civil penalty of $150 plus an assessment of $150 per day until the deficiency is corrected.
· The licensee was advised of the requirement to report unusual incidents and/or injuries to the parent/guardian and Licensing within the timeframe specified in regulation and on the form LIC624B (6/03)