|Licensing Program Manager Roxana Saravia and Licensing Program Analyst Eunique LeGuie met with Director of Child Development Jacquie Bonini and Licensing Facilities Specialist Ahisha Lewis for an informal meeting. LPM defined the difference between an informal meeting and a non-compliance conference. Today's informal meeting was scheduled to discuss the Type A deficiency cited 8/14/18 for absence of supervision. A child was left sleeping unattended in a classroom from approximately 3:30pm to 5pm while staff took the other children outdoors to play. |
The director has taken the following steps to ensure and maintain compliance:
1. On the day of the incident, on the spot retraining was held with staff at each SCUSD site regarding safety, sweep practices and supervision.
2. A conference memo was issued to staff. A copy of the memo was provided to LPA LeGuie.
3. Management conducts informal/formal weekly and quarterly unannounced facility inspections to ensure that sweep and supervision practices are taking place prior to transitions out of the classroom.
4. To accurately account for children in care, white boards, head count procedures, sign in sheets and verbal accountability are part of the daily classroom practice.
5. A new procedure consisting of ongoing classroom case management takes place to address health and safety concerns for children and staff.