|(3) An unannounced Annual/Random inspection was conducted today by Licensing Program Analyst, Frances Ortiz. Present during the inspection was licensee, assistant and 9 day-care children. Background clearances were discussed and licensee signed LIS531 indicating all adults residing and/or providing care and supervision have a criminal record clearance or exemption. Discussed SIDS with licensee and provided them with a copy of Child Care Provider's Guide to Safe Sleep.|
NOT PROVIDING IMS SERVICES:
Incidental Medical Services (IMS) policy was discussed. For IMS information see Evaluator Manual - Regulation Interpretations and Procedures for Family Child Care Homes Section 102417. When any IMS is provided, a Plan for Providing IMS must be submitted to the Department. The following information regarding ADA was provided: US Department of Justice (USDOJ) toll-free ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice)/ (800) 514-0383 (TTY) and link to publication: Commonly Asked Questions about Child Care Centers and the ADA, available at: http://www.ada.gov/childqanda.htm
· The licensee has current pediatric CPR and First Aid that expire on 1/31/19.
· The home is clean and orderly, with heating and ventilation for safety and comfort.
· Safe, healthful, and comfortable accommodations, furnishings, and equipment were observed. Also observed toys, play equipment, and materials.
· A current roster of children in care is maintained. Verified that immunization records are maintained for children in care.
· The licensee ensures that children in care are supervised at all times.
· Capacity as specified on the license is being maintained.