|LPA Sharalyn Jenkins-Sweeten conducted an unannounced case management visit for the purpose of investigating a report of evidence of vermin in the classrooms, which was observed by staff 11/30/16 - 12/1/16.|
LPA met with Kristina Mitchell, director. LPA toured the classrooms affected.
LPA toured the separate building (overflow/multiple purpose room) where children have been provided care and supervision since 12/1/16. The area was deemed safe in an emergency situation and division between programs was created with the use of folding tables arranged as partitions. LPA observed restrooms available for the exclusive use of children and a kitchen with water accessibility. However, this is the final day the space will be used. The LPA also toured additional classrooms within the preschool, which are not licensed or currently in use. The director has identified the rooms/areas they intend to use for the duration of the emergency relocation. LPA toured the additional rooms and there are no potential hazards. The room designated for infants requires 1 crib based upon current enrollment.
The following items must be received by the department no later than 12/7/16 as a formal request for the emergency relocation of children in care:
1) Emergency Plan of Action/Operation (Must specify purpose of request & outline manner of implementation)
2) Facility Sketch/Floor plan of entire facility including outdoor activity space
3) Most recent fire clearance for building
4) List of chemicals used by pest control company
5) Plan for sanitizing treated areas following pest control services prior to allowing children access
6) Schedule for alternating use of outdoor space by preschool children and infants to prevent commingling
7) Contact LPA to schedule inspection of rooms once all furniture is in
A copy of this report was explained and issued to Ms. Mitchell, director.